Friday, July 20, 2012

Cool Mission Experiences


Hey Mom!

How are things? I think the culture here is making me tougher. I don't see how I could ever get offended again with the things people have told me to my face like it's perfectly fine haha. I just have to smile and laugh or whatever and it's all good.

Also THANK YOU for the second package! I got it two days ago and desperately needed the face lotion and LOVED the candy and pictures! I've been showing our family picture to everyone we teach and the other missionaries and they all think you are my sister because you look so young! Also i think i ate two snickers and 1 fast break and 2 butterfingers in one sitting for dinner one night. I miss candy so much and never get sweet stuff! plus we didn't have any food..haha so thank you thank you!!!

Do you think when you have time you could email me some easy recipes that involve just a few ingredients and don't need an oven? We have a stove, so anything like that.

The work here is great! We actually had some awesome miracles lately! We we just waking down the street and i smiled at this lady pushing a stroller and she said, excuse me where is your church and when is the service? so we talked to her and found out that her brother joined the church in japan and she's been wanting to be a member for a long time. she's seen us around but has been too shy until now to say anything! it was so cool! so we set up a time to meet with her. then the next day we were walking down the street and this guy yells out, hey how can i be mormon? when can i be baptized? so we talked to him and he had all these questions and we set up a time to meet with him. THEN we were walking home and there is this family in the front of our neighborhood that we always say hi to and the dad is super nice and treated us to jollibee one time at the mall. and so we were just doing the normal routine and saying, good afternoon to them when the dad comes running out of the house and says sisters! we want to know about your religion! we're neighbors and we see you all the time, but we don't know what you do! will you please come in and tell us all about it?! we kinda hesitated because it's not technically our area and then he said, just for ten or 15 minutes!? please?! so by then we were like, ok we have to! i mean he's practically begging to be taught the gospel! so we went in and taught the first lesson to him and his 19 year old nephew and it went great! he received everything so well and had a TON of questions so we are going to keep teaching him. I can't believe how blessed we have been it is just miracle after miracle. i know that God is placing the people in our path that are ready to hear the gospel. i have a real testimony that being an example and being kind is a HUGE part of missionary work. if we didn't greet everyone and smile at everyone everywhere we went they wouldn't feel comfortable coming up to us or asking us about our religion. I know the church is true and the Lord's hand is in our work. I love you so much and miss you tons! Keep praying for me to learn tagalog!

Love, Age

No comments:

Post a Comment