Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Adrienne's Fourth Letter


Note from Elena: I am sorry I did not post this letter from Adrienne earlier! She sent this to us on April 24th.

Surprise!! P-days got changed to Tuesdays. So expect mail on Tuesdays now. Sorry about that, but let me tell you it was amazing to have a Pday on Friday and then another one on Tuesday! Today has been the most relaxing day ever and I almost remember what it feels like to be completely rested. I am tired all the time-but somehow I still manage to do everything. I think it's cause I have to. But you always get more done when you have to right?
Anyway, on Sunday I was randomly called on to give a talk in Sacrament meeting! It was scary and my heart was pounding. But luckily they said you didn't have to give the whole thing in Tagalog. So I went up there and said, "Mundungus Fletcher Brothers and Sisters!" haha just kidding. I said, " Magandang Hapon po Elders and Sisters" and then I gave the rest of my talk on the Holy Ghost. My voice was shaky but I told about my experience with listening to the Holy Ghost to come on a mission and everyone said I did a really great job afterward, so that was nice!

It was funny because I borrowed a skirt from my roommate, Sister Vaenuku and she said i could keep it. I was like, "Why? It's so cute! you don't want it?" and she was like, "no everyone here has that skirt!" and I was like, "well i'm gonna wear it" so i wore it and as soon as i got to breakfast, 2 other girls in my zone were wearing the same skirt! haha and we didn't even plan it! Everyone was commenting on it and we took some pics so I'll send those to you. But it was kinda fun to match them without even planning it. i guess it is true that everyone has it. Sister Vaenuku thought it was hilarious!

Anyway, one of our districts left yesterday and it was so sad to see them go. It seems like I've known them forever. Elder Saaid from Australia was bawling, he was so sad to go. And we took a bunch of pics with them. The mtc will not be the same without them. But seeing them go was kinda cool too because we all sang "God be with you till we meet again" and then all the New Zealand Elders did the Haka. Best Haka I've ever seen! I mean I was actually a little bit scared of them.
Anyway, Ann M. Dibb, The prophet's daughter came and talked to us in Relief Society! That was  really neat. She told us a lot of stories about her father and I cried a lot. as usual. She said that all he wants to do is be the Lord's servant and that's how we should be too.

So there is this thing here that everyone does where everyone has a journal and we all sign in before we leave. it's kinda like a yearbook signing! I'm super glad because there are a lot of people I would love to keep in touch with that I may never see again, especially the international ones. We're getting 17 new missionaries tomorrow and we heard that most of them are going to Quezon City North! I can't wait to meet all of them! I really feel like we have a family here. All the polynesians call everyone, "my sister" or "my elder" and I love it! It makes you feel so good. So I'm gonna try to be like that. And every time I see Sister Huni from Tonga she yells my name really loud, sometimes from way across the mtc, "SISTER GARCIA!!" and I always yell back, "SISTER HUNI!!!" and we both laugh. It reminds me of yelling, "HEY YOU GUYS!" or "HEY!"across Byu campus to Britt and Jenny. lol so fun! Sometimes I wish I was polynesian, they just have such a loving culture.
Dad-thanks for your awesome emails, they are very inspiring and I love hearing about your life!
Thank you Sister Gallup for your weekly treats and letters! I look forward to them every Wednesday!!
One of the counselors in our bishopric told us a story about a woman that he baptized. She told him that she would slam the door in every single missionary's face, but when she saw him, she let him in. She said that if he had never come, she never would have been baptized. The Lord knew that she needed a certain missionary, and it was him. How cool is that? I know that there is a specific reason that I was called to the Quezon City North mission in the Philippines. If it was just to meet the amazing people I already have then I'm fine with that. But I really feel like there is someone out there waiting for me, and I can't wait to find them!
I really appreciate all the love, support, and prayers from everyone back home! You have no idea how nice it is to hear from ya'll after such a long day. My district is always like, "Good mail day, Sister Garcia?" Because I'm always smiling so big and laughing when I read the mail. It doesn't even have to be anything funny, I just love hearing about your lives and imagining your faces and voices when you're talking. Also send me pictures of yourselves, I can't stalk you on facebook anymore! :) I miss you all so much and Elena, Ben, Nat, Mom, and Jenny there are letters coming your way!
Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment